In June 2016, my writing earned the following awards at the Canadian Business Media Awards:
- The Multitasking Myth for CPA Magazine earned Silver in the Best How-To Article category
- The Scare in Saskatoon for the Canadian Journal of Medical Laboratory Science earned Honourable Mention in the Best Professional Article category
In June 2014, my writing earned an award and two honourable mentions:
- The Sinister Side of Sitting Canadian Health. Runner-Up, short articles writing award, Professional Writers Association of Canada
- A Safe House, Sunnybrook. Honourable Mention, short articles writing awards, Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Let Your People Move, CMA Magazine. Honourable Mention, best how-to article, Canadian Business Media Awards (B2B magazines)
On November 10, 2012, my story Paddling with the Jellies, won Pick of the Day for CBC’s Canada Writes Contest: Close Encounters with Science.